How to make Nutella at home with the classic recipeor with thevegan recipe. Vegan Nutella and the original Nutella ingredients.
Nutella is certainly one of the most loved foods by Italians. It is the undisputed star at breakfast, as a snack and also in sweet preparations. In short: what world would it be without Nutella? :) A snack with homemade bread and Nutella can be a real treat for our palate. However, if, as a good conscious consumer, you stop to read the ingredients, you understand that with the homemade recipe you can get something more compatible with the needs of your body.
Why make Nutella at home when can you buy ready-made in the supermarket?
Experimenting in the homemade preparation of Nutella will allow you to save on expenses, select the ingredients and have a fresh product, without adding unwanted ingredients. In this regard we will see how to make Nutella at home following ours recipe step by step.
Original Nutella ingredients
Once upon a time, theNutellait was simplehazelnut cream mixed with cocoa, sold in cutting blocks. It was 1946. To see the first Nutella in a jar you have to wait a few years, when Nutella was called "Supercrema". The Nutella name debuted in 1964, when the first change to the original Nutella recipe occurred. What are theingredients that make up Nutella?
- Sugar (56%)
- Palm oil (19%)
- Hazelnuts (13%)
- Lean cocoa (7.4%)
- Skimmed milk powder (6.6%)
- Whey powder
- Soy lecithin (emulsifier)
ThereNutellaowns, as well as theCoca Colaand many other registered trademarks, onesecret recipecarefully kept in the official product factory, in Alba (Cuneo). At home we can try to make Nutella by replacing some ingredients.
How to make Nutella at home, the ingredients
Here is the recipe for making Nutella at home.
- 120 grams of brown sugar
- 100 grams of roasted and skinned hazelnuts
- 300 grams of 70% dark chocolate
- 250 ml of high conservation UHT milk
- Hermetically sealed sterilized jar
Please note. To add more flavor to the product, you can also use whole milk but then thereHomemade Nutellait will have to be consumed closely.
How to make homemade nutella, the preparation
- Put the sugar in the mixer and blend it until you get an impalpable powder
- Add the hazelnuts and continue to whisk: after about 5 minutes the sugar and hazelnuts will be blended to form a cream with a very pleasant smell
- At this point, gradually add the chocolate previously cut into small pieces and continue mixing
- Add the milk again in small doses, always blending everything
- Once this is done, transfer the mixture into a bowl and let it cook in a bain-marie over low heat for about 20 minutes, taking care to stir continuously with a wooden spoon: the flame must be very low to prevent the mixture from burning before being ready. . You can also decide when to stop in order to establish the intensity of this particular homemade cream
- After the time has elapsed, turn off under the flame and let it cool
- Pour the Nutella into the jar: put the lid on only when the cream is completely cold
- Once ready, you can keep it in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Variations: if the 70% chocolate is too bitter, you can replace it with a 60% one or with milk chocolate.
Homemade vegan nutella
The recipe of theVegan Nutellaprovides a simple modification: you have to replace cow's milk with milk of vegetable origin, you can use soy milk or, for a more intense flavor, almond milk. Here she isvegan Nutella recipe:
- 100 gr of hazelnuts
- 70 gr of vegetable milk (choice of soy milk, rice milk and almond milk)
- two tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- three tablespoons of whole brown sugar
- a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (or, for a more nutty flavor, macadamia oil. For a neutral flavor, rapeseed oil).
How to make vegan Nutella?
- Toast the whole hazelnuts for about 3 minutes, turning them over a hot pan over a low heat.
- Transfer the hazelnuts to a blender and reduce them to powder. To chop them better, add the oil to obtain one hazelnut cream.
- Add the sugar, cocoa and milk. Blend further until thehazelnut and cocoa creamit will not be homogeneous.
If thevegan nutellashould it be too liquid, adjust it by adding more chopped hazelnuts. On the contrary, if it is difficult to spread, you can add a little more milk or oil.
ThereHomemade vegan nutellait can be kept in the fridge for up to 10 days.
As well as in theoriginal recipe, you can add vanilla extract. Invegan Nutella recipeyou can use vanilla soy milk or vanilla rice milk.
Recommendation: Make sure the jar and lid are sterilized. For this operation, we recommend reading the article How to sterilize glass jars at home