How to cook lobster and lobster: what are the differences between lobster and lobster and how to best cook them to enhance their flavor. Help and useful tips to prepare the best recipes.
Let's start with the difference between lobster and lobster. Lobsters and lobsters are often the subject of debate, there are those who think they are the same animal and that the lobster is the male lobster. In reality this is not the case, they are two different crustaceans. How to distinguish them? The lobster has claws while the lobster does not.
Differences aside,lobster and lobsteri canto cookin the same way. They can be used for the same recipes and the cleaning is the same. Let's see in detailhow to cook lobster or lobsterand how to clean them.
How to cook lobster or lobster
Cooking lobster and lobster is easy but if you don't follow our tips, you will end up with a less than perfect result. For example, have you ever wondered why the lobster or lobster you serve at a restaurant looks likeelongated while when you prepare it in your home it tends to fold in on itself? It is a trick of the trade provided in the cooking lobster!
In the photo above, a very straight lobster, as you see it in restaurants, in the photo below, on the other hand, appears folded in on itself, as it comes out when the lobster is cooked at home!
Before using it in your recipes, you will need to cook it. Cooking the lobster is simple. Let's see how to prepare a boiled lobster. The same indications are useful for lobster.
- Arrange the lobster (or lobster) in a fish bowl (an elongated pot).
- Secure the body of the crustacean with food string, in this way it will remain stretched even after cooking.
- Prepare some broth separately, boiling plenty of water, with 1 dl of white wine, a couple of carrots, chopped celery and, if you like, an onion.
- Continue cooking by simmering the broth for 15 minutes.
- Filter the broth and use the still boiling liquid to cook the lobster.
- Immerse the crustacean in the liquid and let it cook for about 20 minutes, ideal time for cook a lobster or a lobster weighing between 800 grams - 1 kg.
This way you will have obtained yoursboiled lobster(or boiled lobster, depending on the shellfish chosen for your recipe).
How to clean cooked lobster
Again, the instructions onhow to clean boiled lobsterare the same as for cleaning lobster. What changes? With lobster there is some extra effort because you will also need to clean the claws to extract the tender meat.
- Aftercooking lobster, wait long enough for it to cool.
- Firmly and decisively separate the head from the boiled lobster body.
- Take phobics and cut the carapace on the belly.
- Open the carapace by simply grabbing it with both hands, the thumbs must be close to the tail and the animal must be placed "belly up". Open the carapace by removing the pulp in one piece. This way you will have the whole lobster and you can use it in any recipe.
- Use pliers to break the claws and extract the pulp, even in this case, with a little delicacy, you will be able to extract the pulp of the lobster claws still intact.
After seeing the classic cooking method (boiled lobster from which to obtain the pulp for any dish) let's see how to cook lobster to prepare excellent spaghetti with lobster pulp. For this recipe you can use boiled lobster pulp directly or cook a lobster to add whole.
How to cook lobster in a pan
Not just boiled lobster, this crustacean, like lobster, can also be prepared in a pan.
Just heat up plenty of oil, add a lobster and blend it with a glass of white wine. The pan will need to be capped and, in this case, cooking times are about 25 minutes for an 800 gram lobster and just 5 minutes more for a 1 kg lobster.
Again, to get a straight crustacean, you will need to tie it with kitchen twine.
Recipe: spaghetti with lobster
Ingredients for 4 people:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cooked lobster (in a pan, blended with wine or boiled lobster with various smells)
- 6 yellow datterini tomatoes and 6 red tomatoes (you can also use 3 large ripe tomatoes, cut into large pieces, we recommend the datterino because it is sweeter and has a thinner skin)
- Chili pepper
- 320 gr of spaghetti, linguine or bavette
- Fresh chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
How to prepare spaghetti with lobster:
- In a saucepan, heat the oil.
- Add the datterini tomatoes or the 3 large ripe peeled and chopped tomatoes.
- Add the crushed garlic (so only the pulp, without the fibrous component, you will need to use a garlic press)
- You will need to cut the cooked lobster pulp into pieces, mix and add the lobster pulp.
- Salt rule.
- Cook the spaghetti separately. When they are very “al dente”, cooking ends in the sauce given by lobsters and datterini.
- Add the chopped parsley.
Your spocket money with lobster they are ready!